Premium design and vibration alarm, feel the buzz with the PoolMateLive.
High quality watch with ceramic dial and large display to make it easy to see your swim stats through goggles. The Live has a programmable vibrating alarm you can set to go off after a certain time period or number of laps. It’s great to pacing or ticking off every 100m.
It’s got a twist off battery compartment so you can change the battery easily too.
With the download clip you can download swim data to our logging platform mypoolmate.com.
watch only £90, watch and download clip £120
- Suitable for pools, open water, endless pools and even tethered swimming. Now with new firmware to support all type of swimming, not just in a pool. The PoolMateLive is suitable for every swim location. Pools must be over 18m but that’s the only restriction.
- Automatic lap and stroke counting for each lap- The PoolMateLive has all our swim monitoring functions including laps, strokes, speed, distance, calories, stroke length, strokes per minute and efficiency which are automatically calculated from your arm movements. In addition to the set by set information shown by the PoolMate and PoolMatePro, with the download clip the PoolMateLive downloads data for each individual lap you swim to you PC or Mac.
- Vibrating alarm- Our unique vibrating alarm alerts you when you have swam a certain number of laps, distance or time interval- a really great innovation to keep track in the pool.
- Large display characters– With our largest characters the display is easy to see through goggles so lap count is visible at a glance.
- Tough but stylish- The PoolMateLive has a sleek but tough design with sapphire crystal glass and a ceramic bezel so it stands up to the hardest swim session and is suitable for everyday wear too.
- Long battery life, that you can change yourself- The PoolMateLive has our longest battery life yet, up to 2 years. It comes with a specially designed back plate with a twist off battery port so you can change the battery yourself at home when you need to.
- Optionally Downloadable– Would you like to download your swim data to your computer? It’s completely up to you. Just purchase the download clip for an extra £30 and you can download to PC or Mac.
- Chrono mode for other sports.
Battery life 6 months to 1 year*, CR2032, user changeable
Lap characters 8mm high
Diameter of face 48mm
Strap fits wrists from 14.5 to 21.5cm
12 month guarantee
USB download clip available separately for PC and Mac
Software download from swimovate.com/downloads/
A simple calibration lap is all that’s required to set up the special open water mode, which uses the in- built accelerometer to work out the swim metrics. Using this method rather than GPS, which takes a lot of power and has difficulties operating in water, means the PoolMate2 has a battery life of over 2 years!
How do we do it?
The open water mode is a swim pedometer. Swim a lap of a known distance first and follow the calibration instructions then the watch will use this information for subsequent open water swims. Recalibrate regularly for best results.
The vibrating alarm is such a useful tool and we think it’s one of the key features. There are several ways to use it.
1, Set it to go off every 10 laps (or any multiple of laps you like) and it will gently shake the watch so you can feel the buzz on your arm so you don’t need to look at your watch to see how many laps you have swam.
2, Set it to go off every 100m (or any distance interval) so you can feel the buzz each time you have completed this distance.
3, Set it to go off after 30 minutes (or any long time interval) so it will alert you when you have swam for your allotted time (you can also use it in chrono mode this way when doing other activities).
4, Imagine you want to swim at a pace of 90 seconds per 100m. Set the vibrate alarm to go off every 90 seconds (or any short time interval) and feel the buzz each 100m. This is a great way to keep your pace correct in a longer set. If you feel the buzz exactly at the 100m turn you know you are on track (you can use this in chrono mode too of course when doing other sports).
Battery life is affected by the number of times you use the vibrating alarm during your swim. To increase battery life, reduce the frequency of the alarm.
View details for each swim, progress charts, take part in virtual challenges, see your swim records, share with facebook, import and export swims and much more….
Full details can be found at https://mypoolmate.com/help
- Add notes or edit data
- Select any session and examine in detail including individual laps and sets within the swim
- Graphical analysis of your stroke count, times, speed etc see how they have changed over time.
- See how far you have swum this month or year.
- View your swim records over many differences at a glance.
- Share with facebook.
- Export to tcx and swim.com
- Take part in virtual swim challenges